Australia’s Most Awarded Criminal Law Firm
Sydney Criminal Lawyers® is a trusted team of experienced criminal lawyers with offices across the Sydney Metropolitan Area and beyond, including Sydney City, Liverpool, Parramatta, Penrith, Bankstown, Chatswood, Newcastle and Wollongong.
Our specialist defence lawyers are passionate about achieving outstanding results for our clients and maintaining a high level of client satisfaction, and our unparalleled track record of success has led to numerous awards and accolades, including “Criminal Defence Firm of the Year in Australia” for several years running.
Click here to browse through our most recent awards.
The right team behind you
Our firm is focused on results and client satisfaction, and our team of dedicated lawyers and support staff will ensure you receive the highest quality legal representation and are fully informed throughout the court process.
Specialist lawyer guarantee
We guarantee that our clients will be represented by specialist criminal defence lawyers with substantial courtroom experience.
Our team is spearheaded by ‘Accredited Criminal Law Specialists‘, including our Principal Ugur Nedim who has been certified by the Law Society as an accredited specialist since 2005 and been practising in the criminal law profession for more than 20 years.
All criminal and traffic cases
We represent clients in all types of criminal and traffic cases, including:
- drink driving, drug driving & other major traffic offences
- drug possession and drug supply
- fraud and dishonesty
- assaults, indecent assaults & AVOs, all the way up to:
- some of Australia’s most serious & complex commercial drug cases, sexual assault cases, murder & manslaughter cases, armed robberies and large-scale fraud, money laundering & proceeds of crime cases.
Flexible conference options
We offer flexible conference options including attending one of our eight our offices, over the phone, or via Skype, Zoom or Facetime.
We also offer free parking at our city offices, which are across the road from the Downing Centre Court complex.
Our firm appreciates that not everyone can afford an expensive legal bill and so we offer a range of flexible options such as:
- Fixed Fees for less-serious Criminal and Traffic matters
- Free First Consultation for anyone who is going to court and doesn’t already have a lawyer.
- Easy Payment
- Assistance with Legal Aid Grants for those who are going to a District or Supreme Court trial.
All Courts, Prisons and Police Stations
We Speak Your Language
Our culturally diverse team comes from a wide range of backgrounds, and we have lawyers who speak Arabic, Korean, Filipino, Greek, Chinese (Cantonese), Turkish, Vietnamese, Hindi, Punjabi and Urdu.
And members of our administrative team can speak Chinese (Mandarin), Vietnamese, Greek, Polish, Turkish, Arabic, Zulu, Afrikaans, Xhosa, Xitsonga, Tswane, Sesotho, Setswana, Sepedi and Sotho.
For other languages, we have a network of interpreters and translators to assist with communication.
So our valued clients have access to the very best legal representation, whatever their mother tongue.
Sydney Criminal Lawyers® Help Fund
As a socially responsible law firm, we have established the ‘SCL Help Fund‘ – which is a charity entirely funded by our practice.
The fund aims to help those in need – regardless of race, ethnicity, gender or even species (animals included).
We have had the privilege of donating many thousands of dollars to a wide range of amazing charities that are making a real difference to the lives of those in need.
Our Help Fund has also allowed us to wholly fund the building and ongoing costs of a school in an impoverished region of Bangladesh – giving children access to education they would otherwise be unlikely to obtain.
Our commitment to social responsibility also sees our team participating in a range of fundraising events.
We Can Help!
Call Sydney Criminal Lawyers® today on (02) 9261 8881.
Benefit from the Expertise. Trust in our Experience.
The Sydney Criminal Lawyers defence team comprises some of the most highly-respected and experienced Criminal Lawyers in Australia. We work closely together to produce exceptional outcomes for our clients.
Ugur NedimPrincipal Lawyer
Sherleen ChandSenior Associate
Jason KohSenior Associate
Fahim KhanSenior Associate
Tuan PhanSenior Criminal Lawyer
Eddie NedimSenior Criminal Lawyer
Deniz NedimSenior Criminal Lawyer
Patrick O’SullivanCriminal Defence Lawyer
Mariecar CapiliCriminal Defence Lawyer
Fred CaoCriminal Defence Lawyer
Our Administrative Team
Mia KowalskiPractice Manager
Norvette MnisiLegal Secretary
Kiara BletsasLegal Secretary
Jessica HoLegal Secretary
Thanh HuynhLegal Secretary
Katherine HoLegal Secretary
Helen NguyenLegal Secretary
Barristers We Instruct
Winston TerraciniSenior Counsel (NSW) Queen's Counsel (WA & Tas)
Anthony BellantoQueen's Counsel
Malcolm RamageQueen's Counsel
Clive SteirnSenior Counsel
William BrewerCriminal Defence Barrister
Luke BraschCriminal Defence Barrister
Jack Tyler-StottCriminal Defence Barrister
Wali ShukoorCriminal Defence Barrister
AJ KarimCriminal Defence Barrister
Recent Success Stories
- Not Guilty of Affray and Assault Occasioning Actual Bodily Harm in Company
- Wounding With Intent Charges Withdrawn
- Not Guilty of All 26 Sexual Offences, Including Multiple Counts of Aggravated Sexual Assault
- The Right Lawyer Makes All the Difference: Our Client Receives Intensive Correction Order While His Co-Accused Is Sentenced to Full Time Imprisonment
- Client Not Guilty of Sexual Touching and Police Ordered to Pay Costs
- Sexual Assault and Detain for Advantage Charges Dropped
- Not Guilty of Manslaughter
- Section 32 Application Successful: Client Avoids Criminal Record for 6 Drug Possession Charges
- No Criminal Record for Mid Range Drink Driving
- Assault Occasioning Actual Bodily Harm Charge and AVO Dropped
- Exposing the Cost of NSW Police Misconduct: An Interview With David Shoebridge
- Maccas Sues Former CEO Over Alleged Sexual Relationships with Employees
- COVID-19: The Inadvertent Champion of the Police State
- Three Charged Over Alleged COVID-19 Superannuation Scam
- Sydney Criminal Lawyers® Weekly Rundown – Articles from 3 to 9 August 2020