Mr Avinash Singh is an experienced, specialist senior criminal defence lawyer who has conducted a large number of criminal and traffic cases to a very high standard for years.
He is particularly exceptional in fighting cases in the Local Court, where he has a long list of victories in a range of difficult matters, including many where his clients were previously advised by other lawyers that they had no chance of success. He has successfully defended a wide range of case-types, including assault cases, AVOs, drug cases and traffic cases.
He is committed to obtaining outstanding outcomes for clients and often succeeds in getting cases dropped before they reach defended hearings or jury trials.
He is also experienced in preparing serious criminal cases for jury trials and in assisting our Criminal Defence Barristers during those trials.
His thorough preparation frequently includes:
- Obtaining reports from forensic and medical experts,
- Preparing and issuing ‘subpoena’ to obtain materials that police etc are unwilling to produce,
- Undertaking physical examination of incident scenes and proposed exhibits,
- Carefully scrutinising all available materials to find weaknesses in the prosecution case, and
- Comprehensively briefing our Senior Criminal Lawyers and Barristers.
Avinash ‘leaves no stone unturned’ in ensuring that our valued clients are placed in the best possible position for their District & Supreme Court trials.
Avinash’s dedication and professionalism have made him an invaluable member of Sydney’s best criminal defence team.