Criminal and Traffic Lawyers for Wollongong Local Court
Sydney Criminal Lawyers® is a multi-award winning Specialist Criminal Defence Firm with offices in Wollongong located at Level 1, 1 Burelli Street, Wollongong.
Wollongong is a large city located an hour and a half from Sydney.
The original Wollongong courthouse was designed by Alexander Dawson and built in 1858 opposite the harbour. It was used as the courthouse until 1885 but is now used as a community hall. The current courthouse was built in 1885 and is listed on the National Trust.
Wollongong Courthouse is a large court complex that lawyers from Sydney Criminal Lawyers® attend on a regular basis, It comprises Local and District Courts.
Wollongong can be accessed by either bus or train from Sydney.
The types of criminal cases heard in Wollongong Local Court include:
- Drink driving, driving whilst suspended or disqualified, and other traffic cases
- Drug possession and small drug supply cases
- Common assault and assault occasioning actual bodily harm cases
- Apprehended violence orders (AVOs)
- Fraud, larceny and property offences
- Indecent assault and child abuse material cases
- Firearms offences
- Bail applications, sentencing hearings, section 32 applications, committal hearings, and defended hearings
Call on (02) 9261 8881