Section 273.7 of the Criminal Code Act 1995 (Cth) is Aggravated Child Pornography Outside Australia and is extracted below.
If you require Expert Legal Advice from an Experienced Criminal Defence Lawyer for your Aggravated Child Pornography Outside Australia matter, call Sydney Criminal Lawyers® today on (02) 9261 8881.
273.7 Aggravated offence—offence involving conduct on 3 or more occasions and 2 or more people
(1) A person commits an offence against this section if:
(a) the person commits an offence against either of the following provisions on 3 or more separate occasions:
(i) section 273.5 (possessing etc. child pornography material outside Australia);
(ii) section 273.6 (possessing etc. child abuse material outside Australia); and
(b) the commission of each such offence involves 2 or more people.
Penalty: Imprisonment for 25 years.
(2) There is no fault element for any of the physical elements described in paragraph (1)(a) other than the fault elements (however described), if any, for the offence against section 273.5 or 273.6.
(3) To avoid doubt, a person does not commit an offence against section 273.5 or 273.6 for the purposes of paragraph (1)(a) if the person has a defence to that offence.
Offence or conduct need not be the same
(4) For the purposes of subsection (1), it is immaterial whether the offence, or the conduct constituting the offence, is the same on each occasion.
Double jeopardy etc.
(5) A person who has been convicted or acquitted of an offence (the aggravated offence) against this section may not be convicted of an offence against section 273.5 or 273.6 in relation to the conduct that constituted the aggravated offence.
(6) Subsection (5) does not prevent an alternative verdict under section 273.8.
(7) A person who has been convicted or acquitted of an offence (the underlying offence) against section 273.5 or 273.6 may not be convicted of an offence against this section in relation to the conduct that constituted the underlying offence.
Choosing the right legal team to defend your reputation and interests can be a difficult process.
However, it is always important to look at a firm’s experience and results when making this decision.
At Sydney Criminal Lawyers®, we have extensive experience defending and winning some of the most complex criminal matters – so you can rest assured that you are in safe hands.
Our criminal law specialists will take the time in every case to carefully scrutinise all the evidence in order to identify problems with the prosecution case at an early stage in the proceedings.
Where issues are found, our lawyers will write to the prosecution asking to have the charges dropped on this basis – often sparing our clients the considerable time and expense associated with defended hearings.
However, should your matter proceed to court, our senior lawyers will represent you and present a strong defence case to maximise your chances of being found ‘not guilty.’
Our senior lawyers are highly skilled advocates who have been recognised for their expert knowledge of the criminal law, as well as their ability to obtain excellent results in difficult cases.
We can assist you in avoiding the harsh penalties imposed by the law if you simply wish to plead guilty – in these cases, our experienced advocates can prepare and present compelling sentencing submissions which focus on any positive factors of your case.
For the best defence in your case, get the experts on your side today. Call us now on
(02) 9261 8881 and book your FREE first conference with our criminal law specialists.