If you require Expert Legal Advice from an Experienced Criminal Defence Lawyer for your Possessing Marketable Quantity of Unlawfully Imported Drugs matter, call Sydney Criminal Lawyers® today on (02) 9261 8881.
307.6 Possessing marketable quantities of unlawfully imported border controlled drugs or border controlled plants
(1) A person commits an offence if:
(a) the person possesses a substance; and
(b) the substance was unlawfully imported; and
(c) the substance is a border controlled drug or border controlled plant; and
(d) the quantity possessed is a marketable quantity.
Penalty: Imprisonment for 25 years or 5,000 penalty units, or both.
(2) Absolute liability applies to paragraphs (1)(b) and (d).
(3) The fault element for paragraph (1)(c) is recklessness.
(4) Subsection (1) does not apply if the person proves that he or she neither intended, nor believed that another person intended, to sell any of the border controlled drug or any of the border controlled plant or its products.
(5) Subsection (1) does not apply if the person proves that he or she did not know that the border controlled drug or border controlled plant was unlawfully imported.
Note: A defendant bears a legal burden in relation to the matters in subsections (4) and (5) (see section 13.4).
Choosing the right legal team to defend your reputation and interests can be a difficult process.
However, it is always important to look at a firm’s experience and results when making this decision.
At Sydney Criminal Lawyers®, we have extensive experience defending and winning some of the most complex criminal matters – so you can rest assured that you are in safe hands.
Our criminal law specialists will take the time in every case to carefully scrutinise all the evidence in order to identify problems with the prosecution case at an early stage in the proceedings.
Where issues are found, our lawyers will write to the prosecution asking to have the charges dropped on this basis – often sparing our clients the considerable time and expense associated with defended hearings.
However, should your matter proceed to court, our senior lawyers will represent you and present a strong defence case to maximise your chances of being found ‘not guilty.’
Our senior lawyers are highly skilled advocates who have been recognised for their expert knowledge of the criminal law, as well as their ability to obtain excellent results in difficult cases.
We can assist you in avoiding the harsh penalties imposed by the law if you simply wish to plead guilty – in these cases, our experienced advocates can prepare and present compelling sentencing submissions which focus on any positive factors of your case.
For the best defence in your case, get the experts on your side today. Call us now on
(02) 9261 8881 and book your FREE first conference with our criminal law specialists.