Section 85 of the Customs Act 1901 (Cth) deals with Fees for Warehouse Licences and is extracted below.
Our exceptional criminal lawyers are vastly experienced and highly successful in defending Customs Act cases.
Call us today on (02) 9261 8881 for a free first appointment.
85 Fees for warehouse licences
(1) Such fees as are prescribed are payable in respect of warehouse licences.
(2) Regulations for the purposes of subsection (1) may prescribe:
(a) annual fees in respect of warehouse licences;
(b) fees calculated in accordance with the duration of warehouse licences;
(c) a fee for each transaction, or each transaction in a class of transactions, involving the movement of goods into or out of the warehouse to which a warehouse licence relates; and
(d) a fee calculated by reference to the volume or value of transactions, or of a specific class of transactions, relating to goods in the warehouse to which a warehouse licence relates.
(3) Different fees may be prescribed in relation to warehouse licences subject to different conditions or in relation to warehouse licences for warehouses of different kinds.
(4) The regulations may make provision for, and in relation to, the refund of any fees referred to in subsection (1).
(5) Without limiting subsection (4), the regulations may set out the means of determining the amount of the refund.