Section 85 of the Customs Act 1901 (Cth) deals with Fees for Warehouse Licences and is extracted below.
Our exceptional criminal lawyers are vastly experienced and highly successful in defending Customs Act cases.
Call us today on (02) 9261 8881 for a free first appointment.
85 Fees for warehouse licences
(1) Such fees as are prescribed are payable in respect of warehouse licences.
(2) Regulations for the purposes of subsection (1) may prescribe:
(a) annual fees in respect of warehouse licences;
(b) fees calculated in accordance with the duration of warehouse licences;
(c) a fee for each transaction, or each transaction in a class of transactions, involving the movement of goods into or out of the warehouse to which a warehouse licence relates; and
(d) a fee calculated by reference to the volume or value of transactions, or of a specific class of transactions, relating to goods in the warehouse to which a warehouse licence relates.
(3) Different fees may be prescribed in relation to warehouse licences subject to different conditions or in relation to warehouse licences for warehouses of different kinds.
(4) The regulations may make provision for, and in relation to, the refund of any fees referred to in subsection (1).
(5) Without limiting subsection (4), the regulations may set out the means of determining the amount of the refund.
Why Sydney Criminal Lawyers®?
Choosing the right legal team to defend your reputation and interests can be a difficult process.
However, it is always important to look at a firm’s experience and results when making this decision.
At Sydney Criminal Lawyers®, we have extensive experience defending and winning some of the most complex criminal matters – so you can rest assured that you are in safe hands.
Our criminal law specialists will take the time in every case to carefully scrutinise all the evidence in order to identify problems with the prosecution case at an early stage in the proceedings.
Where issues are found, our lawyers will write to the prosecution asking to have the charges dropped on this basis – often sparing our clients the considerable time and expense associated with defended hearings.
However, should your matter proceed to court, our senior lawyers will represent you and present a strong defence case to maximise your chances of being found ‘not guilty.’
Our senior lawyers are highly skilled advocates who have been recognised for their expert knowledge of the criminal law, as well as their ability to obtain excellent results in difficult cases.
We can assist you in avoiding the harsh penalties imposed by the law if you simply wish to plead guilty – in these cases, our experienced advocates can prepare and present compelling sentencing submissions which focus on any positive factors of your case.
For the best defence in your case, get the experts on your side today. Call us now on
(02) 9261 8881 and book your FREE first conference with our criminal law specialists.