Schedule 4 Section 2A of the Liquor Act 2007 (NSW) is concerned with Additional Security Measures and is set out below.
For accurate advice and exceptional representation from lawyers who are experienced in representing liquor licence holders, applicants and defendants call Sydney Criminal Lawyers today on (02) 9261 8881.
2A Additional security measures
(1) In this clause:”additional security measure” means a security measure that comprises or relates to any of the following:
(a) providing security staff,
(b) training for security staff,
(c) closed-circuit television,
(d) digital video and audio recording devices,
(e) electronic ID scanning,
(f) systems for recording and retaining patron particulars,
(g) inter-venue communication network.
(2) The licensee of any declared premises must:
(a) within 14 days of the commencement of this clause, or
(b) in the case of premises that become declared premises at any time after the commencement of this clause–within 14 days of the premises becoming declared premises, notify the Director-General, in the form approved by the Director-General, of the details of one or more additional security measures that the licensee proposes to implement in relation to the premises.
(3) The Director-General may, after considering the notice provided by the licensee under subclause (2), decide:
(a) to approve the additional security measure or measures as notified by the licensee without any variations, or
(b) to approve the additional security measure or measures as notified by the licensee with such variations as are determined by the Director-General, or
(c) to approve a different additional security measure in relation to the declared premises.
(4) The Director-General is to notify the licensee in writing of the Director-General’s decision and of the date on and from which the licensee is required to implement the additional security measure or measures approved by the Director-General. Any such implementation date must be at least 14 days after the date on which the Director-General is notified by the licensee under subclause (2).
(5) The licensee must implement the approved additional security measure or measures in accordance with the Director-General’s notice.