Section 102 of the Liquor Act 2007 (NSW) is concerned with Restricting Undesirable Promotion of Liquor and is set out below.
For accurate advice and exceptional representation from lawyers who are experienced in representing liquor licence holders, applicants and defendants call Sydney Criminal Lawyers® today on (02) 9261 8881.
102 Director-General may restrict or prohibit undesirable promotion of liquor
(1) The Director-General may, by notice in writing given to a licensee, restrict or prohibit the licensee carrying on, or being involved in, an activity that:
(a) promotes the sale or supply of liquor, and
(b) is specified or described in the notice.
(2) The Director-General may restrict or prohibit any such activity only if the Director-General is of the opinion that:
(a) the promotion is likely to have a special appeal to minors because of the use of designs, names, motifs or characters in the promotion that are, or are likely to be, attractive to minors or for any other reason, or
(b) the promotion is indecent or offensive, or
(c) the promotion involves the provision of liquor in non-standard measures or the use of emotive descriptions or advertising that encourages irresponsible drinking and is likely to result in intoxication, or
(d) the promotion involves the provision of free drinks, or extreme discounts or discounts of a limited duration, that creates an incentive for patrons to consume liquor more rapidly than they otherwise might, or
(e) the promotion otherwise encourages irresponsible, rapid or excessive consumption of liquor, or
(f) the restriction or prohibition is otherwise in the public interest.
(3) A licensee must comply with a notice given to the licensee under this section. Maximum penalty: 50 penalty units.
(4) The Director-General must not give a notice under this section unless the Director-General has issued publicly available guidelines that indicate the kinds of activities or promotions that the Director-General would consider being the subject of a notice under this section.
Choosing the right legal team to defend your reputation and interests can be a difficult process.
However, it is always important to look at a firm’s experience and results when making this decision.
At Sydney Criminal Lawyers®, we have extensive experience defending and winning some of the most complex criminal matters – so you can rest assured that you are in safe hands.
Our criminal law specialists will take the time in every case to carefully scrutinise all the evidence in order to identify problems with the prosecution case at an early stage in the proceedings.
Where issues are found, our lawyers will write to the prosecution asking to have the charges dropped on this basis – often sparing our clients the considerable time and expense associated with defended hearings.
However, should your matter proceed to court, our senior lawyers will represent you and present a strong defence case to maximise your chances of being found ‘not guilty.’
Our senior lawyers are highly skilled advocates who have been recognised for their expert knowledge of the criminal law, as well as their ability to obtain excellent results in difficult cases.
We can assist you in avoiding the harsh penalties imposed by the law if you simply wish to plead guilty – in these cases, our experienced advocates can prepare and present compelling sentencing submissions which focus on any positive factors of your case.
For the best defence in your case, get the experts on your side today. Call us now on
(02) 9261 8881 and book your FREE first conference with our criminal law specialists.