Section 156 of the Road Transport Act 2013 (NSW) is ‘Production of Records by Responsible Persons’ and is extracted below.
If you require the services of a traffic defence team that specialises in representing clients for cases under the Road Transport Act, call Sydney Criminal Lawyers today on (02) 9261 8881 to arrange a consultation.
Our team is vastly experienced in advising and representing clients in traffic law cases, and will fight to ensure you achieve the optimal result in the circumstances.
We offer fixed fees for all traffic cases, and a free first conference for those who are going to court.
Section 156 of the Road Transport Act 2013 is Production of Records by Responsible Persons and reads as follows:
Production of records by responsible persons
(cf STM Act, s 66)
(1) The Authority may, by notice in writing served on any responsible person for an applicable motor vehicle, require the person to produce vehicle movement records to the Authority.
(2) The notice may require the production of:
(a) all vehicle movement records relating to journeys undertaken in the vehicle during the 12 months preceding the date of service of the notice, or
(b) such of those records as the notice specifies.
(3) The notice is not complied with if the records are not produced at a place, and within a time, specified by the notice.
(4) The responsible person for a vehicle must comply with a notice under this section.
Maximum penalty: 50 penalty units.
(5) Vehicle movement records produced to the Authority, whether in compliance with a notice under this section or otherwise, may be retained by the Authority for analysis, and while they are so retained, the responsible person for the vehicle is exempted from the requirements of any further notice under this section in relation to them.
(6) A notice under this section does not require the production of a vehicle movement record being carried by the driver of a vehicle in accordance with a requirement of this Part.
Why Sydney Criminal Lawyers®?
Choosing the right legal team to defend your reputation and interests can be a difficult process.
However, it is always important to look at a firm’s experience and results when making this decision.
At Sydney Criminal Lawyers®, we have extensive experience defending and winning some of the most complex traffic matters – so you can rest assured that you are in safe hands.
Our traffic law specialists will take the time in every case to carefully scrutinise all the evidence in order to identify problems with the prosecution case at an early stage in the proceedings.
Where issues are found, our lawyers will write to the prosecution asking to have the charges dropped on this basis – often sparing our clients the considerable time and expense associated with defended hearings.
However, should your matter proceed to court, our senior lawyers will represent you and present a strong defence case to maximise your chances of being found ‘not guilty.’
Our senior lawyers are highly skilled advocates who have been recognised for their expert knowledge of the traffic law, as well as their ability to obtain excellent results in difficult cases.
We can assist you in avoiding the harsh penalties imposed by the law if you simply wish to plead guilty – in these cases, our experienced advocates can prepare and present compelling sentencing submissions which focus on any positive factors of your case.
For the best defence in your case, get the experts on your side today. Call us now on (02) 9261 8881 and book your FREE first conference with our traffic law specialists.