Criminal and Traffic Lawyers for Balmain Local Court
Balmain is a suburb in Sydney’s Inner West and forms part of the Municipality of Leichhardt.
Balmain Court house is on Darling Street and is one of many heritage buildings in the area. It is a striking example of a late Victorian Italianate public building which was designed by James Barnet and Edward Rumsey. The courthouse was built 1887 and is seen as a landmark on the main street of Balmain.
Balmain is accessible by Ferry or one of many Sydney Bus services.
The types of criminal cases heard in Balmain Local Court include:
- Drink driving, driving whilst suspended or disqualified, and other traffic cases
- Drug possession and small drug supply cases
- Common assault and assault occasioning actual bodily harm cases
- Apprehended violence orders (AVOs)
- Fraud, larceny and property offences
- Indecent assault and child abuse material cases
- Firearms offences
- Bail applications, sentencing hearings, section 32 applications, committal hearings, and defended hearings
If you require an experienced Criminal or Traffic Lawyer to act for you at Balmain Local Court, Click Here to request an appointment with Sydney Criminal Lawyers® or call us on (02) 9261 8881 to get the help of one of our experienced lawyers today.
Call on (02) 9261 8881
Recent Cases at Balmain Local Court
In Balmain Local Court, Sydney Criminal Lawyers® obtained a 'section 10' (no conviction or disqualification) for our 52 year old client who pleaded 'guilty' to driving with an alcohol reading of 0.122.
The result was obtained despite this being our client's second drink driving offence. He was convicted and disqualified for the previous offence when he was represented by other lawyers.