Section 65 of the Companion Animals Act 1998 is Fees and Charges when Animal Held and is extracted below.
For expert advice and outstanding representation from Australia’s leading Companion Animals Act lawyers, call Sydney Criminal Lawyers® today on (02) 9261 8881 and let our experienced defence lawyers help you.
65 Fees and charges payable when animal detained or held
(1) A council can determine the following fees and charges for the purposes of this Part:
(a) release fees, being fees to be paid for the release of an animal detained or held under this Part, and
(b) maintenance charges, being charges to be paid for the maintenance of an animal while it is detained or held by the council under this Part.
(2) Different fees and charges can be determined by a council in respect of different breeds, kinds or classes of animals.
(3) The Minister can issue guidelines to councils from time to time with respect to the fixing of fees and charges under this section and councils are to comply with those guidelines.
(4) The regulations may set maximum amounts for the fees and charges that can be determined by councils under this section.
Choosing the right legal team to defend your reputation and interests can be a difficult process.
However, it is always important to look at a firm’s experience and results when making this decision.
At Sydney Criminal Lawyers®, we have extensive experience defending and winning some of the most complex criminal matters – so you can rest assured that you are in safe hands.
Our criminal law specialists will take the time in every case to carefully scrutinise all the evidence in order to identify problems with the prosecution case at an early stage in the proceedings.
Where issues are found, our lawyers will write to the prosecution asking to have the charges dropped on this basis – often sparing our clients the considerable time and expense associated with defended hearings.
However, should your matter proceed to court, our senior lawyers will represent you and present a strong defence case to maximise your chances of being found ‘not guilty.’
Our senior lawyers are highly skilled advocates who have been recognised for their expert knowledge of the criminal law, as well as their ability to obtain excellent results in difficult cases.
We can assist you in avoiding the harsh penalties imposed by the law if you simply wish to plead guilty – in these cases, our experienced advocates can prepare and present compelling sentencing submissions which focus on any positive factors of your case.
For the best defence in your case, get the experts on your side today. Call us now on
(02) 9261 8881 and book your FREE first conference with our criminal law specialists.