Section 99 of the Liquor Act 2007 (NSW) is concerned with Responsible Service of Alcohol and is set out below.
For accurate advice and exceptional representation from lawyers who are experienced in representing liquor licence holders, applicants and defendants call Sydney Criminal Lawyers® today on (02) 9261 8881.
99 Responsible sale, supply, service or promotion of liquor
(1) The regulations may make provision for or with respect to requiring or encouraging the adoption of responsible practices in the sale, supply, service and promotion of liquor.
(2) In particular, the regulations may make provision for or with respect to the following:
(a) restricting or prohibiting the conduct of promotions or other activities (including the discounting or supply of liquor free of charge) that could result in misuse or abuse of liquor, such as binge drinking or excessive consumption,
(b) the standards to be observed on licensed premises in the sale and service of liquor, for the purpose of preventing misuse or abuse of liquor,
(c) requiring licensees, managers and other persons engaged in the sale, supply, service and promotion of liquor and other activities on the licensed premises to undergo courses of training that will promote responsible practices in those activities,
(d) specifying the circumstances in which the Director-General may, in accordance with the regulations, require promotions or advertisements that involve the discounting of liquor to be accompanied by messages that encourage the responsible consumption of alcohol.
(3) Without limiting subsection (2), the regulations may adopt with or without modification the standards contained in an industry code of practice as standards to be observed on licensed premises in the sale, supply, service and promotion of liquor.
(4) The regulations under subsection (2) (c) may create offences punishable by a penalty not exceeding 100 penalty units. The penalty for any other offence created by the regulations cannot exceed 50 penalty units–see section 159 (3).
Why Sydney Criminal Lawyers®?
Choosing the right legal team to defend your reputation and interests can be a difficult process.
However, it is always important to look at a firm’s experience and results when making this decision.
At Sydney Criminal Lawyers®, we have extensive experience defending and winning some of the most complex criminal matters – so you can rest assured that you are in safe hands.
Our criminal law specialists will take the time in every case to carefully scrutinise all the evidence in order to identify problems with the prosecution case at an early stage in the proceedings.
Where issues are found, our lawyers will write to the prosecution asking to have the charges dropped on this basis – often sparing our clients the considerable time and expense associated with defended hearings.
However, should your matter proceed to court, our senior lawyers will represent you and present a strong defence case to maximise your chances of being found ‘not guilty.’
Our senior lawyers are highly skilled advocates who have been recognised for their expert knowledge of the criminal law, as well as their ability to obtain excellent results in difficult cases.
We can assist you in avoiding the harsh penalties imposed by the law if you simply wish to plead guilty – in these cases, our experienced advocates can prepare and present compelling sentencing submissions which focus on any positive factors of your case.
For the best defence in your case, get the experts on your side today. Call us now on
(02) 9261 8881 and book your FREE first conference with our criminal law specialists.