Section 100 of the Liquor Act 2007 (NSW) is concerned with Undesirable Liquor Products and is set out below.
For accurate advice and exceptional representation from lawyers who are experienced in representing liquor licence holders, applicants and defendants call Sydney Criminal Lawyers® today on (02) 9261 8881.
100 Regulations may declare undesirable liquor products
(1) The regulations may declare a specified liquor product (or class of liquor products) to be an undesirable liquor product.
(2) A licensee must not sell or supply any such liquor product that is declared to be an undesirable liquor product. Maximum penalty: 50 penalty units.
(3) The Minister may recommend the making of a regulation under this section only if, in the opinion of the Minister:
(a) the name of the liquor product, or its design or packaging, is indecent or offensive, or
(b) the name of the liquor product, or its design or packaging, encourages irresponsible, rapid or excessive consumption of the product, or
(c) the name of the liquor product, or its design or packaging, is likely to be attractive to minors, or
(d) the liquor product is likely, for any reason, to be confused with soft drinks or confectionery, or
(e) the liquor product is, for any other reason, likely to have a special appeal to minors, or
(f) it is otherwise in the public interest to declare the liquor product to be an undesirable liquor product.
(4) The Minister must, before recommending the making of a regulation under this section, consult with relevant liquor industry representatives and the manufacturer of any liquor product proposed to be prescribed by the regulations (where the manufacturer is known to the Minister).
(5) The validity of a regulation under this section is not affected by any failure to comply with subsection (3) or (4).
Why Sydney Criminal Lawyers®?
Choosing the right legal team to defend your reputation and interests can be a difficult process.
However, it is always important to look at a firm’s experience and results when making this decision.
At Sydney Criminal Lawyers®, we have extensive experience defending and winning some of the most complex criminal matters – so you can rest assured that you are in safe hands.
Our criminal law specialists will take the time in every case to carefully scrutinise all the evidence in order to identify problems with the prosecution case at an early stage in the proceedings.
Where issues are found, our lawyers will write to the prosecution asking to have the charges dropped on this basis – often sparing our clients the considerable time and expense associated with defended hearings.
However, should your matter proceed to court, our senior lawyers will represent you and present a strong defence case to maximise your chances of being found ‘not guilty.’
Our senior lawyers are highly skilled advocates who have been recognised for their expert knowledge of the criminal law, as well as their ability to obtain excellent results in difficult cases.
We can assist you in avoiding the harsh penalties imposed by the law if you simply wish to plead guilty – in these cases, our experienced advocates can prepare and present compelling sentencing submissions which focus on any positive factors of your case.
For the best defence in your case, get the experts on your side today. Call us now on
(02) 9261 8881 and book your FREE first conference with our criminal law specialists.