Going to Court? Book Your Free First Appointment

How Can I Take Action Against Police in New South Wales?

Victims of police brutality and other forms of misconduct can make a formal online complaint to the Law Enforcement Conduct Commission which has the power to investigate the actions of police officers in New South Wales and make recommendations to prosecutorial bodies for disciplinary action, although it does not have the power to discipline or prosecute officers itself.

Victims may also consider civil proceedings against the New South Wales Police Force for intentional torts committed by members of the force, such as assaults, false imprisonment and malicious prosecution.

Private criminal prosecutions are also an option where prosecuting bodies such as the police force or DPP refuse to take action despite there being evidence to establish a criminal offence beyond a reasonable doubt.

What Our Clients Say SEE ALL

  • ★★★★★

    Successfully aided me in achieving a non-guilty verdict

    Tandy represented me for my case and was nothing short of amazing, and successfully aided…

  • ★★★★★

    I ended up with the best possible outcome

    Tandy was incredible. Really thorough and professional. I ended up with the best possible outcome.

  • ★★★★★

    The best supporter all this time

    Had a great experience, I was nervous for the first time as I didn’t know…

  • ★★★★★

    The best

    Thanks Tandy for helping in my case. You the best.

Going to Court? Call For Your Free First Appointment

Main Menu

Follow Us

Ask Our AI Assistant

Disclaimer: Response is AI generated general advice only and should not be relied upon without consulting a lawyer.

Saved Articles & Pages


Preferred date for conference
Briefly describe your situation:
Do you have a court date?

Your Review & Rating * mandatory fields

Review Text *
Rating (optional)