Criminal and Traffic Lawyers for Newtown Local Court
Newtown is a suburb located in Sydney’s Inner West, approximately 4 km from the CBD.
The courthouse which stands on Australia Street was designed by James Barnet and built in 1885.
Newtown can be reached from all over Sydney by regular bus and train services.
Sydney Criminal Lawyers® has been providing superior representations to clients in Newtown Local Court for many years.
The types of criminal cases heard in Newtown Local Court include:
- Drink driving, driving whilst suspended or disqualified, and other traffic cases
- Drug possession and small drug supply cases
- Common assault and assault occasioning actual bodily harm cases
- Apprehended violence orders (AVOs)
- Fraud, larceny and property offences
- Indecent assault and child abuse material cases
- Firearms offences
- Bail applications, sentencing hearings, section 32 applications, committal hearings, and defended hearings
Call on (02) 9261 8881
Recent Cases at Newtown Local Court
Through effective cross-examination, Sydney Criminal Lawyers® had all assault charges and the AVO dismissed in Newtown Local Court for our 23 year old client from Earlwood.
Police realised the complainant would be discredited in any future proceedings, and then withdrew a separate case of Contravene AVO that had been brought against our client.
That case had been expected to proceed to a defended hearing.
Sydney Criminal Lawyers® had all criminal charges and AVO dismissed in Newtown Local Court for our 33 year old client from Dulwich Hill, who was charged with assaulting his partner outside a Newtown Night Club causing injuries to her face and body.
CCTV footage obtained from the Hotel proved that our client was acting in self defence to an assault by his partner.