Section 471.13 of the Criminal Code Act 1995 (Cth) is Causing Dangerous Article to be Posted and is extracted below.
If you require Expert Legal Advice from an Experienced Criminal Defence Lawyer for your Causing Dangerous Article to be Posted matter, call Sydney Criminal Lawyers® today on (02) 9261 8881.
471.13 Causing a dangerous article to be carried by a postal or similar service
(1) A person (the first person) is guilty of an offence if:
(a) the first person causes an article to be carried by a postal or similar service; and
(b) the person does so in a way that gives rise to a danger of death or serious harm to another person; and
(c) the first person is reckless as to the danger of death or serious harm.
Penalty: Imprisonment for 10 years.
Danger of death or serious harm
(2) For the purposes of this section, if a person’s conduct exposes another person to the risk of catching a disease that may give rise to a danger of death or serious harm to the other person, the conduct is taken to give rise to a danger of death or serious harm to the other person.
(3) For the purposes of this section, a person’s conduct gives rise to a danger of death or serious harm if the conduct is ordinarily capable of creating a real, and not merely a theoretical, danger of death or serious harm.
(4) For the purposes of this section, a person’s conduct may give rise to a danger of death or serious harm whatever the statistical or arithmetical calculation of the degree of risk of death or serious harm involved.
(5) In a prosecution for an offence against subsection (1), it is not necessary to prove that a specific person was actually placed in danger of death or serious harm by the conduct concerned.
(6) To avoid doubt, the definition of carry by post in section 470.1 does not apply to this section.
Choosing the right legal team to defend your reputation and interests can be a difficult process.
However, it is always important to look at a firm’s experience and results when making this decision.
At Sydney Criminal Lawyers®, we have extensive experience defending and winning some of the most complex criminal matters – so you can rest assured that you are in safe hands.
Our criminal law specialists will take the time in every case to carefully scrutinise all the evidence in order to identify problems with the prosecution case at an early stage in the proceedings.
Where issues are found, our lawyers will write to the prosecution asking to have the charges dropped on this basis – often sparing our clients the considerable time and expense associated with defended hearings.
However, should your matter proceed to court, our senior lawyers will represent you and present a strong defence case to maximise your chances of being found ‘not guilty.’
Our senior lawyers are highly skilled advocates who have been recognised for their expert knowledge of the criminal law, as well as their ability to obtain excellent results in difficult cases.
We can assist you in avoiding the harsh penalties imposed by the law if you simply wish to plead guilty – in these cases, our experienced advocates can prepare and present compelling sentencing submissions which focus on any positive factors of your case.
For the best defence in your case, get the experts on your side today. Call us now on
(02) 9261 8881 and book your FREE first conference with our criminal law specialists.