Section 114BA of the Customs Act 1901 (Cth) deals with Using ACEANS in Respect of Goods and is extracted below.
Our exceptional criminal lawyers are vastly experienced and highly successful in defending Customs Act cases.
Call us today on (02) 9261 8881 for a free first appointment.
114BA Using ACEANS in respect of goods
(1) The use of an ACEAN by a person in respect of goods is the communication in accordance with this section to the CEO of the ACEAN in respect of goods that are intended for export.
(3) An ACEAN must be communicated electronically.
(4) An ACEAN can be communicated only while the export information contract entered into in respect of goods to which the ACEAN relates is in force.
(5) A communication made by the use of an ACEAN must relate only to one consignment of goods.
(6) If a person makes, by the use of an ACEAN, a communication that relates to more than one consignment of goods:
(a) the use of the ACEAN is invalid and does not constitute an entry of any of the goods for export; and
(b) the person is guilty of an offence punishable, on conviction, by a penalty not exceeding 60 penalty units.
(7) An offence against paragraph (6)(b) is an offence of strict liability.
Choosing the right legal team to defend your reputation and interests can be a difficult process.
However, it is always important to look at a firm’s experience and results when making this decision.
At Sydney Criminal Lawyers®, we have extensive experience defending and winning some of the most complex criminal matters – so you can rest assured that you are in safe hands.
Our criminal law specialists will take the time in every case to carefully scrutinise all the evidence in order to identify problems with the prosecution case at an early stage in the proceedings.
Where issues are found, our lawyers will write to the prosecution asking to have the charges dropped on this basis – often sparing our clients the considerable time and expense associated with defended hearings.
However, should your matter proceed to court, our senior lawyers will represent you and present a strong defence case to maximise your chances of being found ‘not guilty.’
Our senior lawyers are highly skilled advocates who have been recognised for their expert knowledge of the criminal law, as well as their ability to obtain excellent results in difficult cases.
We can assist you in avoiding the harsh penalties imposed by the law if you simply wish to plead guilty – in these cases, our experienced advocates can prepare and present compelling sentencing submissions which focus on any positive factors of your case.
For the best defence in your case, get the experts on your side today. Call us now on
(02) 9261 8881 and book your FREE first conference with our criminal law specialists.