Section 118 Liquor Act 2007 | Consumption of Alcohol by Minor


Section 118 of the Liquor Act 2007 (NSW) is concerned with Consumption of Alcohol by Minor and is set out below.

For accurate advice and exceptional representation from lawyers who are experienced in representing liquor licence holders, applicants and defendants call Sydney Criminal Lawyers® today on (02) 9261 8881.

The Legislation

118 Offences relating to consumption etc of liquor by minor

(1) Minor not to obtain, consume or carry away liquor A minor must not:
(a) consume liquor on licensed premises, or
(b) consume liquor on the premises of an unlicensed restaurant unless the minor consumes the liquor in the company of, and with the permission of, his or her parent or guardian, or
(c) obtain, or attempt to obtain, liquor for consumption on licensed premises, or
(d) carry liquor away, or attempt to carry liquor away, from licensed premises unless the minor was ordered or requested by another person to carry the liquor away from the licensed premises.
Maximum penalty: 20 penalty units.

(2) Person not to send, order or request minor to obtain liquor A person must not:
(a) send a minor to licensed premises, or
(b) order or request a minor to go to licensed premises, for the purpose of obtaining liquor. Maximum penalty: 30 penalty units.

(3) In the application of this section to an on-premises licence that relates to a catering service, a reference to licensed premises does not include any private domestic premises.