Section 63 of the Liquor Act 2007 (NSW) is concerned with Endorsement of Licences After Licensees Death and is set out below.
For accurate advice and exceptional representation from lawyers who are experienced in representing liquor licence holders, applicants and defendants call Sydney Criminal Lawyers® today on (02) 9261 8881.
63 Grant of application for endorsement of licence following death etc of licensee
(1) The Authority may grant an application under section 62 if the Authority is satisfied that the person whose name the applicant seeks to have endorsed on the licence is a fit and proper person to carry on the business to which the application relates.
(2) In deciding whether or not to grant an application under section 62, the Authority is to take into consideration any submissions made by the Director-General or the Commissioner of Police in relation to the application.
(3) If, following the death of a licensee, the Authority is so satisfied in relation to more than one such person, the Authority may grant the application of such one of them as the Authority thinks fit.
(4) The granting of an application under section 62 takes effect with respect to a licence when the Authority endorses the licence accordingly.
(5) A person whose name is endorsed on a licence under subsection (4) is, while the endorsement has effect, taken to be the licensee.
(6) Subject to section 64 (4), an endorsement under this section has effect for the period specified by the Authority. Any such specified period may, before the period expires, be extended by the Authority on application by the person who is taken to be the licensee.
Why Sydney Criminal Lawyers®?
Choosing the right legal team to defend your reputation and interests can be a difficult process.
However, it is always important to look at a firm’s experience and results when making this decision.
At Sydney Criminal Lawyers®, we have extensive experience defending and winning some of the most complex criminal matters – so you can rest assured that you are in safe hands.
Our criminal law specialists will take the time in every case to carefully scrutinise all the evidence in order to identify problems with the prosecution case at an early stage in the proceedings.
Where issues are found, our lawyers will write to the prosecution asking to have the charges dropped on this basis – often sparing our clients the considerable time and expense associated with defended hearings.
However, should your matter proceed to court, our senior lawyers will represent you and present a strong defence case to maximise your chances of being found ‘not guilty.’
Our senior lawyers are highly skilled advocates who have been recognised for their expert knowledge of the criminal law, as well as their ability to obtain excellent results in difficult cases.
We can assist you in avoiding the harsh penalties imposed by the law if you simply wish to plead guilty – in these cases, our experienced advocates can prepare and present compelling sentencing submissions which focus on any positive factors of your case.
For the best defence in your case, get the experts on your side today. Call us now on
(02) 9261 8881 and book your FREE first conference with our criminal law specialists.