Section 87 of the Crimes Act is the offence of Child Abduction and is extracted below.
If you are Charged with Child Abduction and require Expert Legal Advice from an Experienced Criminal Defence Lawyer, call Sydney Criminal Lawyers® today on (02) 9261 8881 to arrange a Free First Conference.
If you wish to plead ‘not guilty’, our Senior Criminal Lawyers will fight hard to prove your innocence in court.
If you wish to plead ‘guilty’, we will use our vast experience to get you the best possible result in the circumstances, including a ‘section 10 dismissal or conditional release order’ where possible (no criminal record / conviction).
Our Results are consistently far better than those achieved by other criminal law firms.
Section 87 of the Crimes Act 1900 deals with the offence of ‘Child Abduction’ and reads as follows:
87 Child abduction
(1) A person who takes or detains a child with the intention of removing or keeping the child from the lawful control of any person having parental responsibility for the child, without the consent of that person, is liable to imprisonment for 10 years.
(2) A person who takes or detains a child with the intention of stealing from the child is liable to imprisonment for 10 years.
(3) In this section:”child” means a child under the age of 12 years.”detaining a child” includes causing the child to remain where he or she is.”taking a child” includes causing the child to accompany a person and causing the child to be taken.
(4) In this section, a reference to a person who has parental responsibility for a child is a reference to:
(a) a person who has, in relation to a child, all the duties, powers, responsibilities and authority that, by law, parents have in relation to their children, or
(b) a person authorised to be the carer of the child under an Act relating to the care and protection of children.
Choosing the right legal team to defend your reputation and interests can be a difficult process.
However, it is always important to look at a firm’s experience and results when making this decision.
At Sydney Criminal Lawyers®, we have extensive experience defending and winning some of the most complex criminal matters – so you can rest assured that you are in safe hands.
Our criminal law specialists will take the time in every case to carefully scrutinise all the evidence in order to identify problems with the prosecution case at an early stage in the proceedings.
Where issues are found, our lawyers will write to the prosecution asking to have the charges dropped on this basis – often sparing our clients the considerable time and expense associated with defended hearings.
However, should your matter proceed to court, our senior lawyers will represent you and present a strong defence case to maximise your chances of being found ‘not guilty.’
Our senior lawyers are highly skilled advocates who have been recognised for their expert knowledge of the criminal law, as well as their ability to obtain excellent results in difficult cases.
We can assist you in avoiding the harsh penalties imposed by the law if you simply wish to plead guilty – in these cases, our experienced advocates can prepare and present compelling sentencing submissions which focus on any positive factors of your case.
For the best defence in your case, get the experts on your side today. Call us now on
(02) 9261 8881 and book your FREE first conference with our criminal law specialists.