Section 80G of the Crimes Act is the offence of Incitement to Commit Sexual Offence and is extracted below.
If you are Charged with Incitement to Commit Sexual Offence and require Expert Legal Advice from an Experienced Criminal Defence Lawyer, call Sydney Criminal Lawyers® today on (02) 9261 8881 to arrange a Free First Conference.
If you wish to plead ‘not guilty’, our Senior Criminal Lawyers will fight hard to prove your innocence in court.
If you wish to plead ‘guilty’, we will use our vast experience to get you the best possible result in the circumstances, including a ‘section 10 dismissal or conditional release order’ where possible (no criminal record / conviction).
Our Results are consistently far better than those achieved by other criminal law firms.
Section 80G of the Crimes Act 1900 deals with the offence of ‘Incitement to Commit Sexual Offence’ and reads as follows:
80G Incitement to commit sexual offence
(1) A person who incites the commission of an offence under Division 10, 10A or 15A is guilty of an offence and is liable to the penalty provided for the commission of the offence.
(2) For the person to be guilty, the person must intend that the offence incited be committed.
(3) A person may be found guilty even if committing the offence incited is impossible.
(4) Any defences, procedures, limitations or qualifying provisions that apply to the offence incited also apply to an offence under this section.
(5) It is not an offence to incite the commission of the following offences:
(a) an offence against section 61N or 61O that is constituted by inciting another person to an act of indecency,
(b) an offence against section 61P, 66B, 66D, 66EB, 66F (4), 73 (4), 78B or 80.
Choosing the right legal team to defend your reputation and interests can be a difficult process.
However, it is always important to look at a firm’s experience and results when making this decision.
At Sydney Criminal Lawyers®, we have extensive experience defending and winning some of the most complex criminal matters – so you can rest assured that you are in safe hands.
Our criminal law specialists will take the time in every case to carefully scrutinise all the evidence in order to identify problems with the prosecution case at an early stage in the proceedings.
Where issues are found, our lawyers will write to the prosecution asking to have the charges dropped on this basis – often sparing our clients the considerable time and expense associated with defended hearings.
However, should your matter proceed to court, our senior lawyers will represent you and present a strong defence case to maximise your chances of being found ‘not guilty.’
Our senior lawyers are highly skilled advocates who have been recognised for their expert knowledge of the criminal law, as well as their ability to obtain excellent results in difficult cases.
We can assist you in avoiding the harsh penalties imposed by the law if you simply wish to plead guilty – in these cases, our experienced advocates can prepare and present compelling sentencing submissions which focus on any positive factors of your case.
For the best defence in your case, get the experts on your side today. Call us now on
(02) 9261 8881 and book your FREE first conference with our criminal law specialists.