Section 75 of the Liquor Act 2007 (NSW) is concerned with Directions to Licensees and Staff and is set out below.
For accurate advice and exceptional representation from lawyers who are experienced in representing liquor licence holders, applicants and defendants call Sydney Criminal Lawyers® today on (02) 9261 8881.
75 Directions to licensees and staff of licensed premises
(1) The Director-General may give a licensee, or any employee or agent of a licensee, a written direction concerning any matter relating to the licensed premises (including any conduct on the licensed premises).
(2) The direction takes effect when the direction is given to the licensee or person concerned or on a later date specified in the direction.
(3) A licensee, employee or agent who, without reasonable excuse, fails to comply with a direction under this section is guilty of an offence. Maximum penalty: 50 penalty units.
(4) The power conferred by this section includes a power to give a direction to adopt, vary, cease or refrain from any practice on or in respect of the licensed premises.
(5) The Director-General may revoke or vary a direction given under this section.
(6) A direction under this section must not be inconsistent with this Act and the authorisation conferred by the licence concerned.