Section 116A of the Liquor Act 2007 (NSW) is concerned with Regulations in Kings Cross Precinct and is set out below.
For accurate advice and exceptional representation from lawyers who are experienced in representing liquor licence holders, applicants and defendants call Sydney Criminal Lawyers® today on (02) 9261 8881.
116A Regulatory controls for licensed premises in Kings Cross precinct
(1) The regulations may prescribe conditions to which a licence relating to premises situated in the Kings Cross precinct is subject.
(2) Without limiting the matters to which any such conditions may relate, the conditions prescribed by the regulations under this section may:
(a) prohibit or restrict the use of glass or other breakable containers on the licensed premises, or
(b) prohibit or restrict the sale or supply of certain types of liquor on the licensed premises (including liquor with a high alcohol content or liquor that is intended to be consumed rapidly such as a shot), or
(c) prohibit or restrict the sale or supply of liquor on the licensed premises in certain circumstances or at certain times, or
(d) prohibit patrons from entering the licensed premises at certain times, or
(e) require the implementation of security or public safety measures in respect of the licensed premises, or
(f) require incident registers to be kept, or
(g) require the exclusion from licensed premises of persons of a specified class (including persons who are wearing any clothing or article displaying the name of, or other matter associated with, a particular organisation), or
(h) require the licensee of any premises situated in the Kings Cross precinct to contribute towards the costs associated with measures to minimise or prevent alcohol-related violence or anti-social behaviour or other alcohol-related harm in the Kings Cross precinct.
(3) The conditions that may be prescribed by the regulations under this section may, without limitation, apply to a specified class of licensed premises or to specified licensed premises.
(4) The regulations may authorise the Director-General to exempt the licensee of any premises situated in the Kings Cross precinct from any of the conditions prescribed by the regulations under this section. The regulations may also provide that any such exemption is subject to conditions specified in the exemption.
(5) Any conditions prescribed by the regulations under this section are in addition to any other conditions to which a licence relating to premises in the Kings Cross precinct may be subject.
(6) Regulations may be made under this section regardless of whether any licensee who is likely to be affected by the regulation has been given an opportunity to make submissions in relation to the proposed regulation.
Why Sydney Criminal Lawyers®?
Choosing the right legal team to defend your reputation and interests can be a difficult process.
However, it is always important to look at a firm’s experience and results when making this decision.
At Sydney Criminal Lawyers®, we have extensive experience defending and winning some of the most complex criminal matters – so you can rest assured that you are in safe hands.
Our criminal law specialists will take the time in every case to carefully scrutinise all the evidence in order to identify problems with the prosecution case at an early stage in the proceedings.
Where issues are found, our lawyers will write to the prosecution asking to have the charges dropped on this basis – often sparing our clients the considerable time and expense associated with defended hearings.
However, should your matter proceed to court, our senior lawyers will represent you and present a strong defence case to maximise your chances of being found ‘not guilty.’
Our senior lawyers are highly skilled advocates who have been recognised for their expert knowledge of the criminal law, as well as their ability to obtain excellent results in difficult cases.
We can assist you in avoiding the harsh penalties imposed by the law if you simply wish to plead guilty – in these cases, our experienced advocates can prepare and present compelling sentencing submissions which focus on any positive factors of your case.
For the best defence in your case, get the experts on your side today. Call us now on
(02) 9261 8881 and book your FREE first conference with our criminal law specialists.