Section 19 of the Summary Offences Act 1988 (NSW) is the criminal offence of Soliciting Clients by Prostitutes and is stated below.
If you would like an experienced criminal lawyer to help you achieve an outstanding outcome in your Summary Offences Act case, call Sydney Criminal Lawyers® today on (02) 9261 8881 for a free first appointment.
We have a proven track record in representing clients in Summary Offences Act cases and ensuring that you don’t get a criminal record or harsh punishment.
19 Soliciting clients by prostitutes
(1) A person in a road or road related area shall not, near or within view from a dwelling, school, church or hospital, solicit another person for the purpose of prostitution. Maximum penalty: 6 penalty units or imprisonment for 3 months.
(2) A person shall not, in a school, church or hospital, solicit another person for the purpose of prostitution. Maximum penalty: 6 penalty units or imprisonment for 3 months.
(3) A person shall not, in or near, or within view from, a dwelling, school, church, hospital or public place, solicit another person, for the purpose of prostitution, in a manner that harasses or distresses the other person. Maximum penalty: 8 penalty units or imprisonment for 3 months.
(4) The provisions of this section are in addition to, and do not derogate from, any other law (including section 4).
(5) In this section:
(a) a reference to a person who solicits another person for the purpose of prostitution is a reference to a person who does so as a prostitute, and
(b) a reference to soliciting includes a reference to soliciting from a motor vehicle, whether moving or stationary.
Why Sydney Criminal Lawyers®?
Choosing the right legal team to defend your reputation and interests can be a difficult process.
However, it is always important to look at a firm’s experience and results when making this decision.
At Sydney Criminal Lawyers®, we have extensive experience defending and winning some of the most complex criminal matters – so you can rest assured that you are in safe hands.
Our criminal law specialists will take the time in every case to carefully scrutinise all the evidence in order to identify problems with the prosecution case at an early stage in the proceedings.
Where issues are found, our lawyers will write to the prosecution asking to have the charges dropped on this basis – often sparing our clients the considerable time and expense associated with defended hearings.
However, should your matter proceed to court, our senior lawyers will represent you and present a strong defence case to maximise your chances of being found ‘not guilty.’
Our senior lawyers are highly skilled advocates who have been recognised for their expert knowledge of the criminal law, as well as their ability to obtain excellent results in difficult cases.
We can assist you in avoiding the harsh penalties imposed by the law if you simply wish to plead guilty – in these cases, our experienced advocates can prepare and present compelling sentencing submissions which focus on any positive factors of your case.
For the best defence in your case, get the experts on your side today. Call us now on
(02) 9261 8881 and book your FREE first conference with our criminal law specialists.