If you have been charged with a criminal or traffic offence, you may already know what the maximum penalties are.
But how about the different types of penalties that are available to the court?
Below are the main types of penalties currently available to magistrates and judges in NSW.
How Can Sydney Criminal Lawyers Help?
If you are charged with a criminal or traffic offence, the experienced criminal defence team at Sydney Criminal Lawyers can:
- advise you of your rights;
- explain the charges against you;
- explain your alternatives, eg pleading guilty or not guilty;
- fight to have the case dropped or thrown out of court if you wish to plead not guilty
- push to have the charges downgraded if you wish to plead guilty, then work towards achieving the optimal outcome.
Going to Court? Call us today on (02) 9261 8881 to arrange a Free First Conference with an Experienced Criminal Defence Lawyer who will show you the best way forward in your case.
Recent Success Stories
- Not Guilty of Affray and Assault Occasioning Actual Bodily Harm in Company
- Wounding With Intent Charges Withdrawn
- Not Guilty of All 26 Sexual Offences, Including Multiple Counts of Aggravated Sexual Assault
- The Right Lawyer Makes All the Difference: Our Client Receives Intensive Correction Order While His Co-Accused Is Sentenced to Full Time Imprisonment
- Client Not Guilty of Sexual Touching and Police Ordered to Pay Costs
- Sexual Assault and Detain for Advantage Charges Dropped
- Not Guilty of Manslaughter
- Section 32 Application Successful: Client Avoids Criminal Record for 6 Drug Possession Charges
- Assault Occasioning Actual Bodily Harm Charge and AVO Dropped
- Assault Occasioning Actual Bodily Harm Charge and AVO Thrown Out of Court
- Your Legal Rights and Responsibilities in Public Places
- Pilger on Assange at the Sydney Extradition Rally
- Police Lack Consistency When it Comes to Prosecuting for Domestic Violence
- Harvey Weinstein Guilty of Rape, Not Guilty of Predatory Sexual Assault
- Private Criminal Prosecutions in New South Wales