If you have been charged with a criminal or traffic offence, you may already know what the maximum penalties are.
But how about the different types of penalties that are available to the court?
Below are the main types of penalties currently available to magistrates and judges in NSW.
How Can Sydney Criminal Lawyers Help?
If you are charged with a criminal or traffic offence, the experienced criminal defence team at Sydney Criminal Lawyers can:
- advise you of your rights;
- explain the charges against you;
- explain your alternatives, eg pleading guilty or not guilty;
- fight to have the case dropped or thrown out of court if you wish to plead not guilty
- push to have the charges downgraded if you wish to plead guilty, then work towards achieving the optimal outcome.
Going to Court? Call us today on (02) 9261 8881 to arrange a Free First Conference with an Experienced Criminal Defence Lawyer who will show you the best way forward in your case.
Recent Success Stories
- Client Not Guilty of Sexual Touching and Police Ordered to Pay Costs
- Sexual Assault and Detain for Advantage Charges Dropped
- Not Guilty of Manslaughter
- Section 32 Application Successful: Client Avoids Criminal Record for 6 Drug Possession Charges
- Assault Occasioning Actual Bodily Harm Charge and AVO Dropped
- Assault Occasioning Actual Bodily Harm Charge and AVO Thrown Out of Court
- All Allegations of Assault (Domestic Violence) Withdrawn and Dismissed
- Not Guilty of Two Counts of Sexual Assault and Two of Indecent Assault
- Client Granted Bail for Commercial Drug Supply, While All Co-accused Refused
- All Charges including 2 Assault Charges, 3 Assault Police Charges and Drug Possession Dismissed
- Police Officer Reinstated After Failing Drug Test
- Mainstream Media Finally Stands Up!
- Sydney Criminal Lawyers® Weekly Rundown – Articles from 14 to 20 October 2019
- Silencing Journalists Threatens Democracy: An Interview with Award-Winning Journalist Peter Greste
- Sydney Brothers Not Guilty of Manslaughter