Being charged with manufacturing illegal drugs can be an unsettling experience for anyone.
However, with the help of our specialist drug lawyers, you can rest assured that you are getting the best possible representation in your drug manufacture case.
Our dedicated lawyers will fight for you every step of the way, no matter how serious the charges are.
Your Options in Court
Pleading Not Guilty
To be found guilty of drug manufacturing, the prosecution must prove that you took part in any step of the drug manufacturing process –for example:
- Manufacturing or assisting with the manufacturing of drugs
- Emptying flasks and disposing of rubbish associated with drug production
- Providing or arranging finance for the manufacture of drugs
- Providing a location, such as a house or warehouse to be used for the production of drugs
If you believe that your actions did not constitute ‘drug manufacturing,’ you may wish to plead not guilty to the charges and have one of our highly-experienced specialist drug lawyers defend the matter in court.
Our lawyers have a proven track record of fighting and winning drug manufacture matters, and can help you identify ways to fight the charges, for example, by providing evidence to show that your actions did not amount to ‘drug manufacturing.’
Examples of conduct that does not constitute drug manufacturing include: Where you picked up and transported materials to be used in drug manufacturing, attempted to manufacture drugs with chemicals that were incapable of doing so, or simply watched the manufacturing process.
Our drug law experts can also advise whether you have any defences to the charges, for example:
- Where you were threatened or coerced into manufacturing drugs (duress)
- Where you were unaware that your actions were contributing towards the manufacturing of drugs (honest and reasonable mistake)
If you are willing to accept the charges alleged against you, you may wish to enter a plea of guilty at the earliest opportunity. This will show to the court that you have accepted responsibility for your actions and may enable you to get a lesser penalty.
However, before entering a plea, you should speak to one of our experienced criminal lawyers, who will be able to advise whether there is any way to fight the charges by pleading ‘not guilty.’
If you are considering pleading guilty to the charges, you may be wondering what type of penalty you will receive and how it will affect your life and future.
The maximum penalty that you will be looking at depends on the type and amount of the drug in question. There are other factors which may also increase the seriousness of the offence (and the penalty that you will get) such as the level of involvement that you played in manufacturing the drugs:
||Only dealt with by higher courts.||
||Only dealt with by higher courts.||
||Only dealt with by higher courts.||
However, these are maximum penalties only and the type of penalty that you will receive depends on all the facts and circumstances of your case.
The various penalties that the court can impose include:
- Section 10 Dismissal
- Conditional Release Order
- Community Correction Order
- Intensive Correction Order
Remember, your best shot at getting the best possible outcome in your case is to get in touch with a specialist drug lawyer, who has the skills and experience to best help you.
At Sydney Criminal Lawyers®, we have a long and proud history of helping our clients successfully defend serious drug charges.
Our specialist knowledge of drug law, combined with our outstanding advocacy skills, allows us to achieve the best possible outcome for our clients, time and time again.
Why Choose Sydney Criminal Lawyers®?
Going to court can be nerve-racking, but having a strong and compassionate legal team behind you can make the experience significantly easier to deal with.
Here are 12 reasons to choose our multi-award winning legal team:
- Proven Track Record of Exceptional Results – Sydney Criminal Lawyers® consistently achieves outcomes which are in the highest percentile of the Judicial Commission’s sentencing statistics for criminal cases. Our legal team devises effective case-strategies and fights hard to have cases dropped entirely or charges downgraded – saving clients the time, expense and stress of a defended hearing or jury trial. Where cases nevertheless proceed, our lawyers have an outstanding track record of winning defended Local Court hearings, and complex jury trials in the District and Supreme Courts.We also consistently win appeals in the District and Supreme Courts (including the NSWCCA) after clients have received unsatisfactory results with other law firms in the lower courts.We are one of the few firms to achieve successful criminal law appeals in the High Court of Australia.Where our clients wish to plead guilty, we frequently achieve ‘dismissals’ and ‘non convictions’ in cases where other lawyers have advised there is no chance of doing so.
- Highest Level of Client Satisfaction – We have the best and most comprehensive client review record of any law firm in Australia. Regular communication, accessibility and quality service are our team’s highest priorities. We are committed to thoroughly explaining all steps involved in the criminal law process, providing regular updates throughout the proceedings, and making ourselves accessible and responsive.We are passionate about providing an exceptional level of service to our clients, and we fight hard to achieve optimal results in the shortest period of time.
- Australia’s Most Awarded Criminal Law Firm – We have received more awards and accolades than any other criminal law firm in Australia. Our team has been awarded “Criminal Defence Firm of the Year in Australia” in a number of prestigious and competitive awards programs for several years running. The awards recognise our exceptional track record of results, our outstanding client service, the high level of satisfaction we achieve, the affordability of our services and our overall excellence.
- Fixed Fees – We want our clients to know exactly how much their cases will cost from the very start. That’s why we were the first criminal law firm in Australia to publish ‘fixed fees’, back in 2004. We offer fixed fees for most types of criminal cases and services.Our fixed fees apply to a range of Local Court cases such as drink driving, drug possession, fraud, common assault and AVOs, and also specific services such as prison visits, bail applications, appeals and defended hearings.Unlike many other law firms, our fixed fees are published on our website – which ensures transparency and certainty.
- Free First Appointment – For those who are going to court, we offer a free first conference of up to an hour with one of our Senior Criminal Defence Lawyers. We also offer a free first conference to those who have received an unsatisfactory result after being represented in court by another law firm, or after representing themselves, and wish to appeal.
- Specialist Lawyer Guarantee – We guarantee that only lawyers with substantial criminal defence experience will work on your case and appear for you in court. This ensures our clients receive the highest quality representation from an experienced, specialist criminal lawyer.
- All NSW Courts – From Bombala to Broken Hill, our lawyers appear in courts throughout New South Wales – and across Australia for Commonwealth cases. And we offer fixed fees for most criminal and traffic law cases throughout the state.
- Accredited Specialists –
Our entire firm is exclusively dedicated to criminal law – which makes us true specialists. All of our lawyers have years of experience representing clients in criminal cases, and our principal has been certified by the Law Society of NSW as an Accredited Criminal Law Specialist since 2005. An ‘Accredited Specialist’ is a lawyer who has practised for at least 5 years in a particular field of law (such as criminal law), has passed a rigorous assessment process conducted by the Law Society of NSW, and has been selected by the Specialist Accreditation Committee of the Law Society as an expert in the field. Accredited Specialists are required to undertake more training each year than other lawyers and must be successful in having their accreditation renewed every year. Specialist Accreditation is the mark of a true specialist.Our firm’s specialist experience ensures you receive the best possible result, whatever your criminal law case may be.
- Results-Focused Law Firm – Our team is passionate about achieving results, and unlike many other law firms, our lawyers do not have monthly financial ‘budgets’ to meet. The absence of budgets means our lawyers are entirely focused on achieving optimal results in the shortest space of time; whether by getting charges dropped or downgraded at an early stage or having cases ‘thrown out of court’. Not having budgets also means our lawyers are not under pressure to engage in unscrupulous practices such as unnecessarily adjourning cases or ‘overcharging’ clients – which, sadly, is a common complaint against many other lawyers and law firms.No budgets encourages regular consultation between lawyers within the firm – promoting an ‘open door’, team environment where lawyers bounce ideas off one another, formulate case strategy together and benefit from each other’s specialised experience, methods, techniques and insights.The result is a firm which delivers optimal outcomes in the shortest time periods, at the least expense and stress to our clients.
- Team of Lawyers Behind You – Our clients benefit from the pool of knowledge that only an extensive team of experienced criminal defence lawyers can provide. Our lawyers regularly consult one another to stay ‘ahead of the pack’ in the ever-changing field of criminal law – constantly devising, refining and implementing specialised techniques which ensure our clients achieve the best possible outcomes. A team approach is particularly important when it comes to serious criminal cases such as murder, commercial drug cases, serious and sexual assaults, large-scale fraud, robbery and other ‘indictable’ cases.In such matters, clients reap the benefits of several lawyers devising and executing case strategies which maximise the chances of having cases dropped or downgraded at an early stage, or ‘thrown out of court’ – often saving clients a great deal of cost, time and anxiety.
- Familiar with Magistrates and Judges – Each of our lawyers appears in court on a daily basis, and has done so for years. We have therefore been able to develop an understanding of, and rapport with, magistrates and judges in Sydney and indeed across the state. Our team’s extensive experience before the courts ensures your case is tailored to the specific nuances of individual judicial officers, maximising the likelihood of a favourable result.
- Convenience – We have offices in locations across the Sydney Metropolitan Area and beyond, including:
- the Sydney CBD, on Castlereagh Street, directly opposite Downing Centre Court,
- Liverpool, directly opposite Liverpool Local Court, and
- Parramatta, near the justice precinct.
We offer free parking at our Sydney CBD and Liverpool locations, and all of our offices are close to train stations and bus terminals.
For those who are unable to attend our offices, we offer conferences by telephone, Skye and FaceTime anywhere around the world.
If you are going to court and wish to arrange a free first consultation, call our 24 hour hotline on (02) 9261 8881 or send us an email at email@example.com.
- A Crime of Compassion: An Interview With Green Light’s Nicholas Morley
- Canberra Has Turned Its Back on Medicinal Cannabis Patients
- Police Raid on Nimbin Hemp Embassy: Little More Than a Show of Strength
- A Healer, Not a Dealer: Jenny Hallam Pleads Guilty to Drug Charges
- Courts Are Becoming Sympathetic to the Cause of Medicinal Cannabis