Going to Court? Book Your Free First Appointment

Conviction Appeals

Can I Get a Harsher Penalty if I Appeal a Decision in NSW?

by &
If you’re disappointed by an outcome of a criminal case in court, or you’ve received a hefty penalty notice for a traffic or minor criminal offence, you may be tempted to appeal a decision or, in the case of a...

When Can a Judicial Inquiry Be Held Into a Potential Wrongful Conviction in NSW?

Last year, New South Wales woman Kathleen Folbigg was pardoned and her convictions were later quashed after a public inquiry found that the science used to convict her of murdering three of her four infants was deeply flawed. However, Folbigg’s...

Should Local Court Hearings be Videotaped? Conviction Appeals and ‘Demeanour’

There is a convincing case to be made for videotaping defended local court hearings. If someone has been tried and convicted in the Local Court, and wants to argue against their conviction, they can lodge an appeal within 28 days...

Why Choose a Specialist Appeal Lawyer?

If you have been convicted of a crime that you didn’t commit or you have been given an overly harsh sentence, you have the right to appeal to a higher court. Generally, you only get one chance to make an...
Receive all of our articles weekly
Going to Court? Call For Your Free First Appointment

Main Menu

Follow Us

Ask Our AI Assistant

Disclaimer: Response is AI generated general advice only and should not be relied upon without consulting a lawyer.

Saved Articles & Pages


Preferred date for conference
Briefly describe your situation:
Do you have a court date?

Your Review & Rating * mandatory fields

Review Text *
Rating (optional)