The maximum penalty for the offence of “concealing serious indictable offence” is 2 years in prison.
According to the Judicial Commission of NSW, the actual penalties imposed for the offence are as follows:
- Community Correction Order: 39.47%
- Intensive Correction Order: 18.42%
- Prison: 18.42%
- Conditional Release Order without Conviction: 7.89%
- Fine Only: 7.89%
- Conditional Release Order with Conviction: 5.26%
- Section 10A No Other Penalty: 2.63%
The average prison sentence for the offence is 11 months imprisonment, and the average non-parole period (or minimum prison term that must be served) is 8 months in prison.