The maximum penalty for the offence of “receiving stolen property minor offence” is 3 years in prison.
According to the Judicial Commission of NSW, the actual penalties imposed for the offence are as follows:
- Community Correction Order: 28.76%
- Fine Only: 25.49%
- Prison: 18.3%
- Community Correction Order: 8.5%
- Intensive Correction Order: 8.5%
- Conditional Release Order without Conviction: 6.54%
- Conditional Release Order with Conviction: 2.61%
- Section 10A No Other Penalty: 1.31%
The average prison sentence for the offence is 8 months imprisonment, and the average non-parole period (or minimum prison term that must be served) is 6 months in prison.