The maximum penalty for the offence of “larceny by clerk or servant” is 10 years in prison.
According to the Judicial Commission of NSW, the actual penalties imposed for the offence are as follows:
- Community Correction Order: 40.38%
- Intensive Correction Order: 18.91%
- Conditional Release Order without Conviction: 16.67%
- Fine Only: 8.97%
- Conditional Release Order with Conviction: 7.69%
- Prison: 4.17%
- Section 10(1)(a) Dismissal: 1.28%
- Section 10A No Other Penalty: 0.96%
- Community Service Order: 0.32%
- Section 12 Suspended Sentence: 0.32%
- Section 9 Bond: 0.32%
The average prison sentence for the offence is 16 months imprisonment, and the average non-parole period (or minimum prison term that must be served) is 11 months in prison.