The maximum penalty for the offence of “receiving goods stolen outside nsw” is 10 years in prison.
According to the Judicial Commission of NSW, the actual penalties imposed for the offence are as follows:
- Prison: 36.67%
- Community Correction Order: 31.11%
- Intensive Correction Order: 15.56%
- Community Correction Order: 5.56%
- Fine Only: 4.44%
- Conditional Release Order without Conviction: 2.22%
- s 10A No Other Penalty: 2.22%
- s 10(1)(a) Dismissal: 1.11%
- Conditional Release Order with Conviction: 1.11%
The average prison sentence for the offence is 8.5 months imprisonment, and the average non-parole period (or minimum prison term that must be served) is 7 months in prison.